Canadian Home Sales Showing Signs of Stabilization in June
Ottawa, ON, July 14, 2023 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were up again on a month-over-month basis in May 2023.
- National home sales edged up 1.5% month-over-month in June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 4.7% above June 2022.
- The number of newly listed properties rose 5.9% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) climbed 2% month-over-month but was still down 4.5% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 6.7% year-over-year increase in June.
MONTHLY HOUSING MARKET REPORT